Final Assignment

 Sam Ferguson 

5/9/2021

Art 105

This final project really ties in all my last assignments together and as well as this year.  On this assignment I wanted to go for that simple clean look with a deep message. For the design I was inspired by a classic textbook diagram of a brain and silhouette of a head. Instead of the brain however having curvy “healthy lines” I chose to do jagged and “cracked” lines. In the beginning of the year and pretty much through this whole pandemic I have been in a constant low. I am unclear if it was really the events of Covid or the year after high school and not having much of a social life after, however it was most likely a mix of both. This assignment has shown that. The darkened background, which I have enjoyed keeping a constant throughout my work as I quickly knew what I wanted for the next assignments onward. It is deeper than a design choice but represents that ”dark place” that I have been in. The mask in this piece is a symbol of Covid and the cracked brain is it’s product. However through all this I recently made a breakthrough. I fell back in love with music and has made it my obsession again rather than just an old hobby. So far from my last three assignments including this last one, I feel I successfully showed my story. This year I found real joy again so if anything this year has made me grateful in a selfish way. Through isolation and rough patches I found an upside to it all. What makes art so intriguing to me is the message behind it so I'm also grateful for this class and my professor for letting me do that myself.

I will list all three of the assignment so they can be in order:




(The final assignment is last)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 3